Attention all Cross-Country Runners! Trail Runners! All Runners!!! (Even power walkers…)
Put your love for pounding the trails to the test during one of the hottest months of the year to benefit Heart to Heart International’s work in Haiti.
We are proud to announce the inaugural “TRAIL RUN FOR HAITI”, a 5K trail run, August 11th 2012, that will represent the distance many people in Haiti must travel by foot to access basic healthcare. (Run Details Below)
The Trail Run is the brainchild of Jadh (Jay-dah) Kerr, a young woman who recently volunteered with Heart to Heart in Haiti. “Most of the people in Haiti have to walk on rough terrain three or more miles to reach one of the partner clinics that Heart to Heart supports,” she said.
“I thought it would be meaningful if runners at this event got to experience a little of what most Haitians go through to access healthcare.”
As the TRAIL RUN FOR HAITI takes place August 11th… runners will definitely experience what it’s like to be HAITI HOT!
Space is limited for this inaugural run. Both individuals and groups are encouraged to participate. Click on the button below to register now. Each participant will need to submit a signed waiver at Packet Pick-up or on race day. Click here to print off the waiver.
TRAIL RUN INFO:
- EVENT: 5K Trail Run for Haiti
- DATE: Saturday, August 11, 2012
- TIME: Check in at 6:30 a.m., line up for race at 6:50, race begins at 7:10, awards at 8:30
- LOCATION: Lone Elm Park in Olathe, KS (21151 W. 167th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
- FEE: $35 donation
- DEADLINE:Thursday, August 9, 2012
- PACKET PICK UP: Friday, August 10 at Price Chopper at 2101 E. Santa Fe St. in Olathe, KS from 2:00-7:30 p.m.
- PARKING: Space is limited; consider carpooling